Thursday, January 14, 2010


When I was a kid, there was a different attitude about spanking. It was before the world went crazy and decided a "time-out" was the way to raise kids. Spanking used to be how you helped disobedient kids be better people. That being said it wasn't unheard of for other members of a kids family to spank him. Through talking to some guys, usually guys down south, they even had to worry about neighbors tanning them. In my case if I were spending time with my grandparents or aunts and uncles, and I got mouthy or bratty I could get a good old fashion ass tanning almost as fast as if I were at home.

Staying with my dad's parents almost certainly meant I was going to get strapped by granddad. Just like when he raised my dad, he had very limited tolerance for attitude disobedience or bickering between me and my brother or cousins. From time to time my parents would take trips and that meant we would get packed up and sent to spend the weekend with grandparents. Don't get me wrong we actually had fun with them. We would do fun activities and I have some of the greatest memories of these times, it was just that he ran his house tight. He was a Marine, then he was a plant manager that oversaw tough blue collar factory workers. He was a top dog, and alpha male, and he had a belt that could adjust anyone's attitude.

I remember being at the table one night and he was talking to grandma about the guy at work who has been being a problem. I can't remember what he said the guy was doing wrong, but in my head as a kid he was allowed to spank anyone he was in charge of, so I asked him in all seriousness if he was going to give him the belt at work the next day. He laughed really hard and thanked me for the good idea. I didn't understand what was funny. The guy was being bad and he was making grandpa angry. I thought he was really going to take this guy to his office and belt spank his bare ass over his desk. The next day after work I asked if he had to whip that guy. He chuckled and said "Almost Kiddo" and went back to his room to get out of his work clothes, so the conversation was over.

Now one of the belt whippings I got from him was pretty memorable. We had gone out for a day of errands stopping at the hardware store, the auto supply store, the barber shop. I guess I had been out too long and not doing fun kid stuff. I must have gotten whiny and fussy. Then I did what I was told not to do. I walked away in the last store and wound up dropping something and breaking it. He needed to pay for it and on the way out he said "You're going to get it when we get home" I started to melt down I didn't want one of his famous belt whippings, they hurt so bad. He had me by the arm taking me out into the parking lot and I was doing the collapse thing as if he wouldn't just lift me up and carry me home. He got me right to my feet and gave me 3 or 4 hard swats with his hand that stung like bees.

We got in the car and now he was really fed up with me. Maybe I was tired or something because looking back even I think I deserved it. Grandpa finally turned down a street that was off the beaten trail, no pun intended, He took me out of the car bared my butt, took off his famous belt, put his foot up on the bumper, Hauled me over it and whipped my little ass to a fire red glow. I think a car even passed us as he was doing it. When I had the demons whipped out of me he put me back in the car and drove us home. I cried myself out in the front seat and slept the rest of the way back to his house and then he must have carried me in and put me on the sofa to finish my nap.

I woke up and felt refreshed my cheeks didn't hurt anymore but they buzzed and or throbbed. They were warm and almost felt good in someway. I got off the sofa and saw grandpa doing some stuff to the car. I went out and acted like nothing was wrong, he asked if I was feeling better and I nodded yes with a little embarrassment because I got it but I didn't like to admit that I felt calm and clear after it proving that he really knew how to adjust an attitude and give a boy what he needs even if he doesn't think he wants it. He asked me to pass him the box wrench and we were back to being buddies again like nothing happened. We both knew the slate was clean and there was nothing to dwell on.

2 comments:

  1. Another great account, Jim. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally disagree with your point of view. Like you I am also a spanko and like you I was spanked as a boy by my dad. I was spanked in a way that was considered typical for the time and would not be considered abusive even by today's standards. I found the process demeaning, painful both emotionally and physically, and spanking is a huge part of what permanently destroyed any relationship I had with my father.

    You seem to want to look at childhood spanking through rose-colored glasses and given your fetish, I can understand why. But let's be honest here...spanking is big people purposefully inflicting pain on little people whom they love. What that has to do with real discipline and training is beyond me. It is all to do with punishment, venting anger, demanding retribution and exercising control. I raised children of my own without spanking but not without discipline. Parents don't need to hit kids. Spanking never help THIS disobedient boy be better. I made me worse. To generalize that spanking is somehow a lost art and was the best thing since sliced bread because your experience with it, even though you ARE a spanking fetishist, exists in your mind as something wonderful is both dangerous and wrong. It was not everyone's experience.

    ReplyDelete